Monday, August 18, 2008

Weather

I have been in thunder/lightning storms both here and at the coast this weekend (well, yesterday and today), which is awesome. I love electric storms even though we don't get anything near the caliber of the storms we get out in Colorado (or maybe they get since the longest I've ever lived there is three months). Still, it's fun watching people's reactions who aren't used to the storms.

Though, last month when we got one of these storms in the middle of the night, I sort of freaked out. I think it's because I had been watching something about ghosts and ghost hunting and because of the way my mind works, I immediately thought of slasher movies. So, I stuck my head under the covers and refused to turn towards the sliding door to the back yard in fear that the sillouette of an axe-murderer would suddenly appear in one of the flashes. I even went to dig out my John "The Sheep" Sheppard stuffed sheep because, you know, stuffed animals can save you when an axe murderer comes a-callin'.

Boy, is my mind a chunk of pure logic or what.

Though for the storm that is currently underway, all I can hear is the thunder since I'm surrounded by managers who are (obviously) hogging the windows. And I'm in a half-cube with 5-foot walls. Still, when I got the chance to look outside, it was all rather ominous looking and the Nanaggedon song from the Mighty Boosh sprang to mind. More than anything, though, it brought a smile to my face just thinking of Julian Barrett and Noel Fielding in granny drag. One of the best episodes, in my opinion.

Okay. Back to work...

No comments: